Saturday, October 3, 2009

Back in Town


Howdy All

Well after a long drawn out flight back from the USA it is great to be reunited with Lianne and Sebastian. Lianne had her 32nd birthday yesterday, which surprises alot of people to realise that she is the craddle snatcher!! People are often thrown by her youthful good looks and my hereditary crows feet (or smile lines as I call them)

After the World's, my World Ranking moved from outside the top 10, up to 4th place. This has meant that I have had to restructure my goals for the remainder of the season and I will continue training to try and win the last World Series race of the year and finish the year as World #1.

I will take this week super easy because the motivation and adrenal system have both bottomed out after the high of world's and travel. It is important to allow mood and motivation to dictate the training response after such a big race.

Although it is not ideal timing, I am committed to do the Tour De Freedom, a 900km ride from Esperance to Perth over 5 days at end of October. I have seen first hand the effects of drug addiction and the effect it can have on families and I feel that whatever compromise the ride has on my training it will be worthwhile and justifiable to support the Teen Challenge organisation. If you want to donate to the ride please visit http://www.teenchallengewa.org.au/donate.php to find out more about Teen Challenge and support this worthy cause.

After that I will do the ITU Asian Duathlon Championships and then pull stumps completely on racing until Feb 2010 to focus on family, business and base training

Hope you are all fit and healthy!

Regards
Radar

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

Go Raf! 4th in the world hey is that 1 spot better than last year...with one race? to go...Nice Family Pic too!!
All the best with the 900km ride! sounds like a great cause! Use your rest days/weeks and family time well...Hope you can bounce back after that really well and finish the season on an even higher note!

Rafael Baugh said...

Thanks Blazer, look forward to catching up around the traps soon...what races you have planned?