Saturday, June 13, 2009

Big Victory in 13km Thiernois!

We have arrived back in France and have been catching up with our great friends and Team PEC in Clermont Ferrand. We are staying with Gael Mainard, a Division 1 Cyclist and awesome training partner and have plenty of running company with Martin, Yohan and the boys.

I was very grateful that Martin organised for me a start today at a 16th edition of the famous and VERY HILLY 13km Thiernois, 40 min from Clermont Ferrand. The course is very hard climbing from 300M to 500m in the first 8km before descending back to the start. Typically it is reserved for Kenyan and Moroccan winners but today with very hot weather (33 C) I was able to resist the mid race challenge of the only Kenyan in the race, Osaro to run away with a tremendous victory.

The race details are here and results should be up soon
http://www.13km-thiernois.fr/

Big thanks to the organising committee and community of Thier for their generous support and Martin for organising this race for me. Finally a huge thanks to the crowd for their boisterous support out on the course and water hoses to cool us down during the run. This is really an iconic event and I hope to return again next year to defend my title.

Running Regards
Radar

3 comments:

Ryan Baugh said...

Great work radar!
4' pace up
3' pace down?
love to the family,
Beanie

Rafael Baugh said...

Hi Mate, even slower in parts I think! Includes a section up a flight of 100 odd stairs that was very hard.

Cheers

Camel said...

Nice one mate!

I'm living in Lyon not far from Thiers... didn't know you were in the neighbourhood.

Let me know if you're in the area, be great to catch up.

Cheers,

Cam Muir