Friday, July 24, 2009

Great to be Home

Howdy all

It has been three weeks since arriving home in Perth and I must admit I enjoy the balance of returning to The Body Station Physiotherapy and coaching with the Front Runner Group.

While I was away, the Front Runner group continued to grow under our awesome Woman's Only Coach, Kathy Garnett and WA's best ever distance runner (2.13 Marathon) Ray Boyd. The group has the perfect mix of structured and periodised training, quality company and co-operation. We have now expanded to South of the River training so check out www.sebsports.com.au/frontrunner for more details.

Personally, I love getting back and training with mates like Paul Mackay, Ray Boyd and others here in Perth. They are great company, consistent, motivated and hard working. I was also lucky in Europe to have fellow Aussie, James Attard, Spanish Long Distance Tri Champion Mikel Elgazabel and the PEC Team in France. No individual can achieve their best without collaboration and I feel lucky to have such quality company on the training track.

I will gauge my fitness this weekend in a 10k Run for Gold and then continue the push for my first Australian and World Title in August and September respectively.

My advice for winter- commit, share the work and get it done rain, hail or shine

Regards
Radar

No comments: