Monday, August 4, 2008

VO2 Max Testing and good news for 2009

Well it has been good news week!

Have confirmation that next year I will be racing in the Basque region of Spain for Urdaitri team. Lianne, Sebastian and I loved the people and culture of Gernika in our visit last year and we are excited to have a firm base their where Seb can keep a good routine and I can travel to races easily and efficiently over weekends. Fellow Aussie James Attard, who I have trained and raced with alot in the past will also be with the team which should be fantastic.

The region has a robust culture, super friendly people and is home to the Euskatel cycling team, Orbea bikes and very close to the Pyrenees mountains. It is also easy commuting to France for the big GP races and I will continue to race their also in 2009.

After a few months of struggle I have just had a full battery of blood and physiological testing. My VO2 max was much higher than I expected at 79.4 ml/kg etc and with my weight still quiet high at 75kg I think I will be in supreme shape for the world championships if I can get sufficient rest and recovery. It was certainly a good surprise to see such a good number

Running Regards
Radar

No comments: