Saturday, September 27, 2008

12th at World Champs

Today I finished 12th at the ITU World Duathlon Champs. With the U23 guys their was 85 starters which is great for our sport and overall 1200 athletes with age-groupers are in Rimini. It was an improvement on last year's race and that is something I am extremely proud of. I am now heading straight home to Lianne and Sebastian as it has been very hard being away fom home for this long without them.

The first run was very quick but I was rock solid in the lead group. On the bike 3 guys broke away and I was in a pack of 15-20 guys in the chase, off the bike I was looking for running legs for a while! I eventually had some good sections and thought a top 10 was in reach but unfortunately not quite within me on the day. Results are here http://www.triathlon.org/zpg/zevt-dtl-prtcpnts_v4.php?call=TVRFdw==&keep=sh&id=MTA2Mw==&sh=rs&rsid=2709 .

Next year, I am 80% sure that after the racing stint in Gernika between Feb and May I will shift focus to the ITU Long Distance World Duathlon Championships and Powerman Zofingen. I am also considering trying to qualify for the Australian Elite Team for the World Long Distance Triathlon Championships provided the bike leg is hard and hilly and not pancake flat along the river.

Thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement and my sponsors Cyclemania, Asics, Montlucon Triathlon, RFID timing, Mr Graham Dawes, Dukk Consulting, Ryders Eyewear and Carboshotz.

Best Regards
Radar

No comments: