Monday, September 15, 2008

Good hit out French GP 5


It was a solid hit out in the final French GP in Nancy. The town is a few hours east of Paris and has a beautiful town square and some nice trails along canals for running.
The race was 5k/30k/5k and I was comfortably in the main pack of 12 just behind two favourites - Silva and Dereere- who had 5 seconds on us from the first km. The first 5k of the bike there was a big crash right in front of me and I somehow stayed upright and avoided hitting the deck.
A break of 3 finally got clear 2/3 of the way through the bike and 9 of us came into T2 together in the chase.
Unfortunately, after a quick transition I got a yellow card for racking my bike by the handlebars and lost valuable time understanding my infringement and in the end had to go back to mount my bike by the seat. In France, it does seem that officials want to be more a part of the race then they need to be at times....in the end, my second run split was comparable with all but the top 3 guys but only got me back to 10th at the finish.
I have certainly found my best running form at the right time and look ahead to the World Championships and having a big result when it matters most.
Thanks to everyone for their support and a special thanks to 2XU Australia for supplying James Attard and I with our uniforms for the World Championships, it is greatly appreciated and they look spot on.
Cheers
Radar

No comments: