Saturday, August 29, 2009

2nd City to Surf


Damn...I think the photo sums it up....I was hoping to add the title of City to Surf Winner to my resume and for 10k it looked good...unfortunately in the last 2km I was passed by a British athlete out training/racing in Australia and he was finished on stronger to take the win 37.44 vs 37.55....I was probably too aggressive early in the race and was maybe fading ever so slightly in the later stages which he capitalised on over the final long hill....regardless I was happy that my legs are coming good again after a tough couple of weeks and the time was 1 minute quicker than I have done for the course previously....there are alot of positives despite my dissapointment at not taking the race I have dreamed of winning since I was a boy...at the end of the day though running is the fairest of sports- the strongest person always wins and that reflects training/sacrifice and dedication over a sustained period...if someone beats you in a running race it is as fair as it comes in life....I will cop it and 4 weeks to World Duathlon Champs.

Well done to all the Front Runners and thank you very much to everyone on the course for their support and cheers, it was really appreciated
Finally, massive thanks to RGIS for their sponsorship. It was very nearly a great quinella in the 1/2 and 12km. Your support is greatly appreciated and hopefully we can move forward to more mutual success in the future

Running Regards
Radar

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

Congratulations Raf, nice to see you on the podium AGAIN, just the way the draw pans out as to who shows up sometimes...
Nice pic which captures the anguish well...Be proud thats an awesome effort, maybe next time...