Saturday, September 26, 2009

6th at World Champs


Howdy Folks

I finished 6th place today at the ITU World Championships here in North Carolina

I executed a solid race but missed a break late in the bike which saw me enter transition 10 sec behind a group of 9. Only eventual winner Jarrod Shoemaker got past me on the final run and I recorded the 4th fastest last 5km. The medallists all ran quicker than my split so I was not quite physically ready to claim a medal even if I got on the right side of the break.

It is clear that my strength running off the bike is getting better and better and I was very happy with my first 10km split- which apparently was accurate for once- of 30.30.

I must say a huge thanks to Lianne and Sebastian, my family, sponsors and supporters, plus my fantastic homestay here in NC (Cody and Jana) and Matt Blackwell who flew down from Virginia to give his vocal and much appreciated support.

My improvement curve will hopefully continue next year in Edinburgh and I can realise my dream of being World Champion which is now less than 30 seconds away......thanks for tracking my progress

Regards
Radar

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

Well done! 3 spots off the podium! and a 30.30 10k split after! the bike leg...awesome! I talked to my brother about it, not sure if he made it. I would have been there for sure if I was living over that way. Hope you can trim those extra seconds needed to be the best, and deal with the breakaway next time. Congratulations 6th in the world!!!

uri said...

Good job, congratulations!