Wednesday, September 9, 2009

City to Surf Media Coverage

Howdy Folks

I have been amazed at how many people have asked my opinion on the quality of journalism and general media coverage of this year's City to Surf.- particularly the Sunday Times lift out last week.

Summarising, in my opinion the coverage was the lowest quality I have ever seen or encountered in an event of that size, anywhere in the world. Simply put, it was completely unprofessional. There was no research on athletes, little historical or relevant comparitive data and overall I thought it reflected negatively on the event, sponsors, athletes and the publishers.

After plenty of discussion on the training track, the top WA's top runner in each event (Hamish McElwee, Steve Stingemore and myself) will be meeting organisers to discuss how this can be improved in the future for the benefit of this great event.

Running Regards
Radar

No comments: