Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Arrival in North Carolina

Howdy Folks

Well quite a journey to finally make it here to North Carolina and after delays in Atlanta it was over 36 hours of total transit time. I was however impressed with Delta airlines who are now flying out of Sydney to LA and it was comfortable flying with decent food and excellent inflight entertainment.

My bike and bags didn't arrive with me but hoping they lob up shortly so I can get out and test the bike and start to zone in on Saturday's World Championship. With a few triathletes in the mix I am sure the first run will be very quick as a couple of new faces always stirs things up

It is very humid here but thankfully with only moderate temperatures in the mid 20's. The town I am staying in is Belmont on the western fringe of NC and the small town feel is really nice. In the heartland everyone seems to say hello and the door to the house stays open all day due to the low crime rate....a throw back to the good old days!!!

For those interested I expect there will be live coverage at www.triathlon.org

Running Regards
Radar

2 comments:

uri said...

Attack, attack!!!

trailblazer777 said...

Go Go Go Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi...I'm trying to get details to my brother Tim in NC